Exercise is very important and can help improve your quality of life. Simple cardiovascular exercises, which increase your heart rate and help to decrease breathlessness over time. Increasing strength in major muscle groups helps with mobility. Learn about tips to increase physical activity within your daily life.
- Take an evening walk with a friend, partner, or spouse.
- Park further away from destinations.
- Biking is a great way to increase your heart rate without standing.
- Bike around your neighborhood, or use a stationary bike.
- Lift hand or body weights (e.g. arm curls or extensions).
- Do leg raises while doing any sitting activity.
Pace yourself and listen to your body. Don’t overwork yourself trying new exercises and remember, consistency is key. 3-5 exercise sessions per week for 20-30 minutes is enough to see the benefits of exercise.